First International Social Transformation Conference Energy Currency
The current economic crisis has renewed interest in the need for global monetary reform. Only after the fundamental causes of systemic economic failures are eliminated will evolution towards a sustainable and socially just global economy become feasible.
But how should the monetary system be reformed? What should new money be like, what purposes should it meet and what functions should it perform? The ultimate aim of the First International Social Trasformation Conference on Energy Currency is to place the study of alternative monetary systems within mainstream economic thinking and put global monetary reform onto the political agenda.
Distinguishing features of the conference are its emphasis on discussion and adopting a multidisciplinary approach. The organizers hope this event to become a major international platform for dialogue between specialists representing very different backgrounds and perspectives, yet united by a common vision of the necessity and possibility of better currency models. The main focus of the conference will be the relationship between the dynamics of financial and energy flows and the feasibility of an energy-backed international currency. However, all kinds of alternative currency models will be debated with equal interest and attention.
The organizers commit to use their networks of influence and media support to ensure that the proceedings of the conference reach the highest political authorities, primarily – the European Commission and a number of national financial ministries.
- Alternative monetary models
- Input-output models (embodied energy and water)
- Energy economics
- Sustainable money and sustainable economy
- Complementary currencies
- Ethics of financial relations
- Economic philosophy of money
- Culture of money
- Why do we need an alternative monetary system?
- Should the money be nationalized or privatized?
- Which scale is optimal for currency: local, national, global or sectoral?
- Is commodity backing necessary for money?
- Is an energy unit better for economic accounting than monetary unit?
- Global energy-backed supplementary currency: pro’s and contra’s.
- How can modern technologies enhance the efficiency of money?
- How will the economy react to the alternative currency?
- What are the best examples to benchmark?
- What steps are political authorities required to take to implement the new currency model?
- Booking reference:
- Tesla Conference Split 2012
- Contact person for booking:
- Mrs Brankica Marić, Mr Joško Alujević
- +385 21 500 600, +385 21 500 607
- +385 21 500 614
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Price single room Hotel:
- Price double room Hotel:
- Deadline for booking:
- 01 june 2012
* — including breakfast and VAT